Best Bicycle Assembly Service and Cost in McAllen TX
Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX: Are you looking for the Best Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX ? Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen, we are a full-service bicycle repair shop. From fixing a flat tire to packing a bicycle to a comprehensive tune-up, we can have you road-ready in no time. Estimates are always free. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Bicycle Assembly Service around McAllen TX. We serve McAllen TX and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST BICYCLE ASSEMBLY SERVICE IN MCALLEN TX
MCALLEN BICYCLE ASSEMBLY
Bicycle Assembly Service
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX: Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen, we are a full-service bicycle repair shop. From fixing a flat tire to packing a bicycle to a comprehensive tune-up, we can have you road-ready in no time. Estimates are always free: Bring your bicycle in and we’ll recommend what repair and maintenance we think needs to be done. Many services such as flat tires and accessory installations can be done while you wait.
Have additional questions, or in need of something that you can’t find below? Give us a call. We’ll be happy to go through what you need.
Bicycle Fitting: Ride faster, longer, and with greater comfort – while also reducing your chance of injury or strain
What is Bicycle Fitting::
Your body has its own unique proportions and it fits your bike uniquely. The length of your torso, the positioning of your back, neck and knees, Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen, the way you bend when you ride.
We want you to enjoy your cycling experience – that’s why our staff is Specialized BG FIT certified. Because whether riding for fitness or racing, riding a bike should be fun and comfortable.
While all new bike purchases at our store include complimentary bike sizing, ensuring you the proper saddle height, ideal leg and knee extension positioning, and a comfortable handlebar reach, some cyclists may have bike fit needs beyond sizing.
For example, an athlete seeking higher performance and greater power transfer, a recreational rider experiencing pain or numbness while cycling, or a cyclist needing to address and adjust their bike position to relieve pre-existing injuries.
What is Body Geometry (BG) Fit?
Specializer’s BG Fit training program provides Fit Technicians with the training, expertise and equipment to improve comfort, efficiency and power output.
In collaboration with bike fit expert Bicycles, Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen, the BG Fit program goes beyond general fit services that incorporate general bike measurements to incorporate body geometry, individual anatomy and human movement principles into cycling expertise.
Upon completing the program, BG Fit technicians are qualified to ensure a precise fit for all types of riders based on measurements that incorporate athletic and cycling background, height, flexibility and even inseam to determine the best-fitting specific vertical and horizontal coordinates of the cycling experience.
Get the proper measurements for the proper fit!
A BG Fit includes:
A technician with BG Fit expertise in muscle and skeletal anatomy: cycling body motion, common cycling-related aches and pains, and the fit corrections necessary to address these issues.
Assessment of pedal stroke, potential installation of BG footbeds and varus/valgus wedges to properly align the foot/knee/hip for maximum efficiency and comfort.
Consideration of products and adjustments to unique challenges in flexibility, comfort or power output.
The end result: You ride longer, faster, happier, and healthier so you gain the most from your cycling activities.
Standard bicycle service
Our standard bike service includes:
- Alignment of derailleur hanger and adjustment of gears and lubing of gear cables.
- Adjustment of brakes and lubing of brake cables.
- Measure chain for stretch and report on life.
- Lube chain and all pivot points.
- Adjustment of wheel bearings, headset bearings, and bottom bracket bearings.
- General check on tension of all bolts and screws.
- Inflation of tires to recommended pressure.
- Minor in frame wheel truing.
- Alignment of handlebars
- General clean
- Test ride
An annual overhaul includes everything in the Standard Bicycle Service plus the following.
- Full clean, grease, and repack of both front and rear hubs.
- Full clean, grease, and adjustment of the bottom bracket.
- Full clean, grease, and repack of the headset.
- Full clean and relube of the drivetrain.
- Test Ride.
Professionally Trained and Certified
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX: Nearly all bicycle makes and models are accepted here, not just the ones we sell. Every member of our service team participates in training sessions throughout the year so everyone is up to date on the latest technology and bike repair methods.
Whether it’s a minor tune-up or a major overhaul where Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen, we go completely through your bicycle and get it running like new, you can count on us to do the job right the first time, every time.
Have Additional Questions?
We are here to help so give us a call or stop by the shop with any questions. We are happy to give you advice or let you know about our service options.
You Just Bought A New Bicycle And It Is Not Assembled
You do not have the time, bicycle tools or patience to assemble it.
You are too tired to take your bicycle to be assembled at the bicycle shop.
So what do you do?
- Do you leave it in your garage? Definitely not.
- Request a Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen bicycle assembly service.
- Our verified mechanics will go to you and will assemble your bicycle in no time.
After You Buy Your Brand New Shiny Bicycle
Register your bicycle under your profile
Choose “New/Previously owned Bike Assembly”
Select the most convenient time and date for our mechanics to visit you
The Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen certified mechanic will get to you and will assemble and tune-up your new bicycle
What Do You Need To Assemble A Bicycle Yourself?
- 4,5,6 mm allen keys
- 8, 9, 10 mm wrench
- 12,13,15 mm wrench
- Pedal Wrench 15,16mm
- Floor Pump
After Your Bicycle Is Assembled, Be Sure To:
- Adjust your bicycle seat to your basic seat height
- Test ride your bicycle
Why Should I Hire A Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen Mechanics To Assemble My Bicycle?
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX: Allowing a professional to assemble your bicycle for you saves you time, and frees you from the hassle of interpreting unclear assembly instructions or keeping track of stray parts and hardware. A Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen certified mechanic will have the right tools and experience to do the assembly quickly, correctly, and safely the first time. Relying on a Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen mechanic means that you do not have to travel to get your bicycle fixed – they go to collect your bicycle wherever you are.
Why Is The Bicycle Profile A Good Tool?
- Protected bicycle
It allows you to protect your bicycle from theft
- Repair history
It tracks your bicycle repair history
- Sell bicycle
It allows you to sell your bicycle
- Bicycle location
It allows the bicycle mechanic to come more prepared to your appointment
- How much your bicycle is worth
It allows you to know how much your bicycle is worth
- Original bicycles
With the serial number you are protected from buying bicycles that are fraudulently branded
How to Assemble a Bicycle
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX: Bikes are often broken down into separate pieces so they can fit into smaller cartons, which means you’ll have to put them back together yourself. How they’re broken down depends on the manufacturer, make, and model, so it’s always best to refer to the owner’s manual for exact instructions. A Schwinn mountain bike, for example, requires you to attach the seat, handlebar, front wheel, and pedals.
Setting Up for Success
Find the owner’s manual. Take the bike out of its box. Set its protective wrapping aside. Locate the owner’s manual. Refer to this for exact instructions regarding your specific bike.
- If you don’t have an owner’s manual, check the manufacturer’s website. Many post instructions for assembly there.
- You can also consult someone at your local bike shop if you have questions or need additional help assembling your bike.
Check if all parts are included. Before you begin, make sure you have everything you need. Double-check the box’s contents with the parts listed in your owner’s manual. If anything is missing, contact the seller and notify them.
- Don’t throw anything away until you’re finished. Smaller parts could possibly be hidden in the box or protective wrapping.
Get your tools. Again, refer to the owner’s manual to double-check which tools are required for assembly. Expect types and sizes may vary according to the make and model. However, generally speaking, you will most likely need:
- Allen keys
- Cable cutters
- Phillips head screwdriver
Lubricate your parts. Check your manual to find out which parts should be lubricated (and with which type of lubricant). Inspect your bike to locate any metal parts that will come into direct contact with other metal parts. Apply lubrication here to reduce damage from friction and corrosion. Such areas will probably include parts like the:
- Quill stem
- Seat post
- Seat tube
Attaching the Seat
- Locate the minimum insertion mark. Inspect the post attached to your seat’s saddle. Locate the mark that indicates how far this should be inserted into the seat tube to achieve the maximum safe height for your seat. If desired, you can place it deeper than this for a lower seat, but always insert it at least this much to make sure your seat is securely in place.
A seat post that is not inserted deeply enough into the seat tube can easily damage or destroy your frame if you attempt to ride the bike.
If you want a higher seat than the insertion mark allows, you will need to purchase this separately.
- Slip the post into the tube. First, grease the seat post if you haven’t already. Slip it into the corresponding tube on the bike’s body. Push it in until the minimum insertion mark is inside the tube.
If grease isn’t included with your new bike, any waterproof, hi-temp grease will work. You can purchase this grease at any hardware store.
- Tighten and adjust. Depending on the make and model, there should be either a bolt or a quick release mechanism on the outside of the seat tube. Whichever one it is, tighten this once you’ve inserted the post to your desired depth. Secure the seat post in place so it isn’t jarred out of place as you ride.
- Center the saddle. Once the post is secure, move up to the seat’s saddle. If needed, adjust its position so it’s centered over the post. Then tighten its bolts to fix it.
Note: Bicycle repairs reflect service only; parts are not included. Depending on the bike model, some services may vary and related costs may vary accordingly. When you contact us for service, we will let you know if and when the variation may apply to you. Tube installation may cost more on certain bikes due to the wide variety of bikes and wheels. Internal hubs and chain cases can add quite a bit of disassembly and reassembly to the procedure. Mobile Auto Truck Repair McAllen, We will always let you know beforehand.
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX:
- Preventative Maintenance. Cover your bike to protect it from moisture which can cause rusting. This is especially important in close proximity to the beach because of the large amount of salt in the air. Rust not only ruins the look of the bike, it causes damage to important parts such as the chain, chain-ring, and sprockets. When those parts rust they are weakened and will not run as smooth. Try and wipe sand and mud off the bike after rides, and a little oil on the chain goes a long way. Fenders prevent water and sand from spraying up on you.
- Lock it up. Unfortunately bike theft is a problem. This also is especially true in beach communities because of the large demand for bikes. The Kryptonite U-Lock is the safest lock because it is impossible to cut without heavy power tools. Lock the frame of your bike to a grounded object such as a bike rack, sign post, gate, etc…Wheels, seats, and accessories can be taken too, so if you’re leaving the bike for a long period of time try to remove attractive accessories.
- Be aware of your surroundings. There’s a lot of nice scenery by the beach. Kids, dogs, skateboards, and other bikers can make for interesting obstacles to avoid.
- If it’s not broken, don’t try to fix it. Assembly and repairs should be done by trained professionals. Consult our assembly directions and bike manuals when building or attempting repairs on the bikes.
- Size matters. People over five feet should fit any 26” wheel beach cruiser we sell. If you are petite or searching for a kids bike we suggest a 20” bike for people up to four feet, and a 24” frame for people 4’6” to 5’. For more specific sizing questions contact us.
- Have fun!
Bicycle Assembly Service near McAllen TX: All bicycle services are carried out using professional bicycle tools, greases, and lubricants.
Prices quoted for services are estimates only. Thus, prices may vary if other problems are found during the service. If the price variation is significant we will contact you for approval – otherwise we will go ahead with the repairs. Senior bike mechanic has 28 years’ experience in our workshop.
Headset repack from $15
Hub repack from $20
Gear adjustment from $25
Brake adjustment from $12.50
Precision wheel truing from $20
Disc brake wheel truing from $22.5
Disc brake bleeding from $25/brake
Recoil a dropout from $30
Fit a tube and/or tire from $10
Recoil a crank arm from $30
Bicycle service from $79
Fit a bottom bracket from $25
BMX bicycles from $49
Fit a chain from $10
Geared bicycles from $79
Re tap a bottom bracket from $25
Frame strip and rebuild from $130
Fit a headset from $20
Annual overhaul from $130
Disc brake truing from $15
Precision wheel building from $37.50
Reface disc mounts from $20
Realign a frame from $25
Reface a bottom bracket from $25
Fit a suspension fork from $35
Disc brake adj & clean from $25
Pack a bike in a box from $30
Flat tire repair – $18 (inner tube replacement included)
Bicycle Assembly – $55
Includes assembly, basic tune-up, fitting and free adjustments
Basic tune up – $70
- Safety check
- General cleaning
- Brake and derailleur adjustment
- Adjust bottom bracket, headset and hubs
- Clean and lubricate chain and derailleurs
- True wheels (on-bike)
Tune Up Plus – $100
- Includes everything in the basic tune-up plus thorough cleaning (replacement parts extra)
Specific part overhauls – $25/per part
Complete overhaul and cleaning (November thru March only) – $150 (a great deal!)
- Bring your bike to a Like-New condition and save $100s (replacement parts extra)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What tools are needed to assemble a bike?
You will need the following to build your bike:
- Knife or Sharp Edge.
- Allen Wrenches.
- Torx Wrenches.
- Scissors or Clippers.
- Center Lock Tool.
Is it easy to assemble a bicycle?
It’s not that difficult, we promise. You’ll need to assemble the front wheel, pedals, handlebar and seat yourself, you’ll also have to check the brakes and gear system. Check out our assembly video.
How can I get my bicycle serviced?
Please take a look at the service options on our service page, and when you’ve decided which one suits you best, add it to the shopping basket. If you’re not sure which one to choose, please contact us. Most services are carried out by our Mechanic at your home or other locationconvenient for you.
How can I get my new bicycle assembled?
Please take a look at the new bike assembly options on our service page, and when you’ve decided which one suits you best, add it to the shopping basket. If you’re not sure which one to choose, please contact us. All new bikes are assembled by an experienced Mechanic at your home or other location convenient for you.
Where will the mechanic work on my bicycle?
Your CAN mechanic is likely to work on your bike outside your home or workplace, ideally on a path or drive. If the weather is poor, then a garage, porch or other covered area could be useful. If the work needs to be carried out in a workshop environment, the bike will be taken away and returned when the work is completed.
Will the work be dirty and messy?
It really depends on what work needs to be carried out. Your mechanic will use protective covers if required, and will ensure that they leave the work area clean and tidy to your satisfaction.
Can you fit accessories?
Yes we can, but as it can be fiddly and time consuming we have a small fitting charge in addition to a service or assembly. Unfortunately we are unable to carry out home visits just to fit accessories alone.
Can you upgrade the parts on my bicycle?
Yes, we are happy to assist you with your specification and give you a quote for upgrading the parts on your bike.
Will you fit parts I have purchased elsewhere?
Yes. We would need to check that the specification of the parts you have ordered suits your bike, before agreeing to fit them.
CALL FOR US:
- Bicycle Assembly Service Near McAllen TX
- Cycle Assembly Service At Home
- Bicycle Assembly
- Cheap Bike Assembly
- Bike Assembly Shop
- Bicycle Service At Home
- Professional Bike Assembly
- Bicycle Service Centre
- Electric Bike Assembly McAllen TX
- Bike Assembly Cost
- Bike Assembly Services
- Cheap Bike Assembly
- Bicycle Assembly
- Cycle Service Cost
- Cycle Service
- Professional Bike Assembly
- Bicycle Service At Home McAllen TX
- Alamo TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Alton TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Brownsville TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Donna TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Edcouch TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Edinburg TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Elsa TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Granjeno TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Harlingen TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Hidalgo TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- La Joya TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- La Villa TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Mcallen TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Mercedes TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Mission TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Rio Grande City TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Raymondville TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Palmhurst TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Palmview TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Penitas TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Pharr TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Progreso TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Progreso Lakes TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- San Juan TX Bicycle Assembly near me
- Sullivan City TX Bicycle Assembly near me